1. Sky News SMS Voting and Opinion polls is open to users who are connected to the Telstra, Vodafone, Optus, Virgin, Hutchison, 3 mobile digital networks and participating service provider customers with SMS compatible mobile digital phones in Australia.
2. Sky News SMS Voting and Opinion polls is open to users who are connected to the Telecom NZ and Vodafone NZ and participating service provider customers with SMS compatible mobile digital phones in New Zealand.
3. To participate in the Sky News Voting and Opinion Poll Service, [SMS] text your vote or opinion from your mobile handset to 1999 2444 for Australian mobile phones and 2444 for New Zealand mobile phones.
4. Your carrier will charge you for any [SMS] text message you send to send to the Service. The maximum charge your carrier will charge you for [an SMS] a text message you send to participate in the Service is 55c including GST. Participants may [SMS] send as many text messages as they like.
5. You must ensure that all care is taken when sending messages to the SMS services. It is your responsibility to ensure that you dial the correct number and provide the correct information to register a valid vote or opinion. Sky News and the voting service provider will not be liable for costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error.
6. If for any reason the Service is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sky News which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Service, then Sky News may suspend or end the Service.
7. All SMS entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Service database NOT time of transmission by the entrant.
8. The Promoter is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of responses occurring in relation to the conduct of the Service. Additionally, Sky News accepts no responsibility for any [SMS] text message not received by Sky News or delays in the delivery of the [SMS] text message due to technical disruptions or for any other reason including, without limitation, any failure or delay by a carriage service provider in delivery of any [SMS] text message sent by you in relation to the Service.
9. You must not send any defamatory, obscene, offensive or otherwise illegal text message to the Sky News Voting and Opinion Poll Service.
10. Sky News and the voting service provider reserve the right to keep all voting tallies and messages confidential. No results other than what is required for the purpose of the format of the program will be released to the public.
11. The charges for all SMS Services will appear on your next mobile telephone bill. All queries relating to mobile telephone bills should be directed to your mobile or telephone carrier.
12. For further enquiries or complaints please contact Sky News Customer Service on 1300 32 88 80.